Clinical interests in prostate cancer, urological cancers, and sarcoma.
A/Prof. Hayden specialises in the management of urological cancers (including prostate, bladder & kidney cancers) & sarcomas.
A/Prof. Hayden completed her medical degree at UNSW in 2000, and subsequently undertook radiation oncology training at Westmead Hospital. She completed a prostate cancer research fellowship at the British Columbia Cancer Agency in Canada, focusing on the use of radiation therapy and brachytherapy in specific cancers.
A/Prof. Hayden works as a specialist radiation oncologist with Genesiscare, as well as at Westmead & Blacktown Hospitals, and is a member of the uro-oncology and sarcoma multidisciplinary teams.
She is the past-Chair of the Australian & New Zealand Radiation Uro-oncology Group (FROGG), and was appointed as a national board member of the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia. She has published several national guidelines for radiation therapy in prostate cancer and has contributed to the Cancer Institute NSW EVIQ prostate cancer radiotherapy guidelines. A/Prof. Hayden is actively involved in teaching, research and clinical trials through TROG and ANZUP.
A/Prof. Hayden is dedicated to offering the highest quality treatment and in providing compassionate care for patients.
- Geriatric oncology
- Palliative radiotherapy
- Patient reported outcome measures
- Patient experience research
- Faculty of Radiation Oncology Genito-urinary Group (FROGG)
- Radiotherapy for recurrent prostate cancer: 2018 Recommendations of the Australian & New Zealand Radiation Oncology Genito-urinary Group
- Radiotherapy for node-positive prostate cancer: 2019 Recommendations of the Australian & New Zealand Radiation Oncology Genito-urinary Group
- Australian & New Zealand Faculty of Radiation Oncology Genito-urinary Group: 2010 consensus guidelines for definitive external beam radiotherapy for prostate carcinoma
- Long-term outcomes in 1121 Australian prostate cancer patients treated with definitive radiotherapy
- Long term patient reported urinary function following external beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer