Clinical interests in neuro-oncology (brain, skull base, spine), SABR/SRS, MRIgRT adaptive RT, thoracic, oligometastases, upper gastrointestinal, skin and urological cancers.
Hendrick completed his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Western Australia (UWA) and began his medical career at Royal Perth Hospital. He then went on to specialist training in radiation oncology at Sir Charles Gairdner and Fiona Stanley hospitals.
Following this, Hendrick undertook a clinical research fellowship at the Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre in Canada in the field of neuro-oncology, thoracic oncology, stereotactic ablative radiation therapy (SABR) and MRIgRT technology. Here, he published work and presented at international meetings. A keen researcher, Hendrick has a strong desire to pursue research activities in new treatment and imaging technologies to improve patient outcomes.
Hendrick is also closely involved in teaching and education. He was a clinical oncology lecturer at UWA and a clinical examiner for radiation oncology residents at the University of Toronto. He was also awarded the “Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award by a Clinical Fellow” from the University of Toronto through his involvement in teaching the radiation oncology residents.
Hendrick’s key clinical interests are in neuro-oncology (brain, skull base, spine), thoracic, oligometastases, upper gastrointestinal, skin and urological cancers. His current technical interests are in the field of SABR, stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and adaptive MRIgRT technology. He also has special interest in patient-reported outcomes and population databases.
- Royal Australian New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
- American Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ASTRO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology (CARO)
- European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO)
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG)
- Radiosurgery Society (RSS)
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
- Asia Pacific Radiation Oncology Special Interest Group (APROSIG)