Professor Clarke has special clinical interests in gastrointestinal and thoracic cancers as well as pharmacology.
Stephen Clarke OAM MD MBBS PhD FRACP FAChPM FAHMS is a medical oncologist at Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney and Professor of Medicine at the University of Sydney.
Having completed his medical oncology training at RNSH, St. Leonards, Stephen undertook a PhD at the Institute of Cancer Research/Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital, before returning to Australia in 1994. He worked at RPA and Concord Hospital until 2010 when he returned to RNSH.
He has clinical and research interests in thoracic and GI cancers, including Neuroendocrine Cancers and mesothelioma as well as cancer pharmacology and cancer associated inflammation.
Stephen’s research has achieved over $25 million in competitive grant funding that has led to over 320 publications, which have been cited over 18000 times.
Stephen is the Oncology Advisor to the Department of Veteran’s Affairs and is a Member of the Repatriation Pharmaceutical Review Committee.
- OAM in the Australia Day Honours for services to medicine in the disciplines of oncology and pharmacology – 2011
- Eric Susman Prize from the Royal Australasian College of Physicians – 2013
- Cancer Achievement Prize by MOGA – 2016
- College Medal by FRACP – 2019
- John Sands Medal by RACP – 2020