Clinical interests in breast, neurological, lung, and skin cancers plus palliative care.
Dr Selena Young is based on the Gold Coast, attends GenesisCare treatment centres at Southport and Tugun, and consults at Beenleigh.
Selena qualified in Medicine from the University of Queensland in 1997 and completed radiation oncology training at various hospitals in Brisbane and Sydney in 2005. She went on to attain a master’s degree in Palliative Care from Flinders University, Adelaide and did a Fellowship in Sarcoma at Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom.
In 2007 Selena commenced employment at East Coast Cancer Centre, now known as GenesisCare.
She is Director of Training for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists radiation oncology registrars on the Gold Coast, a Senior Lecturer at Griffith University and is involved in teaching registrars and medical students.
She regularly attends the Gold Coast breast, neurological, lung, melanoma and gynaecological multidisciplinary meetings.
- Australasian Society for Breast Disease (ASBD)
- International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society (ISRS)
- Cooperative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology (COGNO)
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG)
- European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO)