Special clinical interest in gastrointestinal cancers, genitourinary cancers and neuroendocrine tumours
David Chan is a medical oncologist and researcher with clinical and research interests in gastrointestinal cancers and neuroendocrine tumours. He is a medical oncologist at GenesisCare St Leonards, Royal North Shore Hospital and North Shore Private Hospital.
David completed his medical degree at the University of New South Wales and completed his FRACP in Medical Oncology at Royal North Shore Hospital. He then completed a neuroendocrine tumour fellowship in Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, and subsequently submitted a PhD in NETs back in Sydney. He is the current chair of the NET group at the Clinical Oncology Society of Australia, and holds an NHMRC grant to improve the use of PET imaging in NETs.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Neuroendocrine tumours
- Chan DL, Pavlakis N, Schembri GP, Bernard EJ, Hsiao E, Hayes A, Barnes T, Diakos C, Khasraw M, Samra J, Eslick E, Roach PJ, Engel A, Clarke SJ, Bailey DL (2017). Dual Somatostatin Receptor/FDG PET/CT Imaging in Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumours: Proposal for a Novel Grading Scheme with Prognostic Significance. Theranostics 2017; 7(5):1149-1158. doi:10.7150/thno.18068
- Lee A*, Chan DL*, Wong MH, Li BT, Lumba S, Clarke SJ, Samra J, Pavlakis N (2017). Systematic Review on the Role of Targeted Therapy in Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumor (NET). Neuroendocrinology 2017;104(3):209-222 doi: 10.1159/000446115 (joint first author)
- Singh S, Chan DL, Lui N, Fischer HD, Austin PC, Moody L, Segelov E (2018). Recurrence in resected gastroenteropancreatic tumours: A population-based study . JAMA Oncology 4(4), 583-585 PMID: 29543939 Doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.0024
- Chan DL, Bernard E, Schembri G, Roach P, Johnson M, Pavlakis N, Clarke SJ, Bailey D. High metabolic tumour volume on FDG PET predicts poor survival from neuroendocrine neoplasms. Neuroendocrinology. 2019 Nov 12. doi: 10.1159/000504673. [Epub ahead of print] PMID 31711058
- Chan DLH, Segelov E, Wong RSH, Smith A, Herbertson RA, Li BT, Tebbutt N, Price T, Pavlakis N (2017). Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) inhibitors for metastatic colorectal cancer. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 6. Art. No: CD007047. PMID 28654140 DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007047.pub2