A/Prof Eric Hau
B.Sc (Med), M.B.B.S, Grad Cert (Biostat), FRANZCR, PHD, Radiation Oncologist
I am committed to delivering the highest quality treatment by applying the latest evidence based and compassionate care to his patients.
Cantonese & English
Special clinical interests in lung, primary and metastatic brain cancers, palliative and stereotactic radiotherapy.
A/Prof. Hau specialises in the management of lung, primary and metastatic brain cancers, palliative and stereotactic radiation therapy.
Dr Hau completed his medical degrees at UNSW in 2004 and subsequently undertook his radiation oncology training at St George, Westmead and Nepean Hospitals. He then pursued further postgraduate fellowship training at St George Hospital focusing on lung and brain cancers. During this time he also developed skills in using both stereotactic brain and body radiation therapy.
He received an NHMRC Scholarship to complete his PhD at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre (UNSW) focusing on treatment of brain cancers. He also gained further clinical research training by graduating from the Global Clinical Scholars Research program at Harvard Medical School in 2018.
Dr Hau also works as a specialist radiation oncologist at Westmead & Blacktown Hospitals and has contributed to the Cancer Institute NSW EVIQ guidelines in lung and brain cancers.
He teaches medical students at both The University of Sydney and Western Sydney University, is a director of training for radiation oncology trainees at Westmead and Blacktown Hospitals and an examiner for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiology. He leads an active clinical and basic science laboratory research program, is chief/principal investigator of several clinical trials and has been awarded numerous competitive research grants.
A/Prof Hau is committed to delivering the highest quality treatment by applying the latest evidence based and compassionate care to his patients.
- Westmead Association Award for Excellence in Teaching in Radiation Oncology 2022
- Award for top 3 Capstone Project in the Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program, Harvard Medical School 2018
- National Health and Medical Research Postgraduate Scholarship 2015
- Young Investigator Award in Basic Science (1st Prize), St George and Sutherland Research Foundation 2015
- Wiley-Blackwell Award, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists Combined Scientific Meeting 2012
- Elekta Research Award, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists Combined Scientific Meeting 2012
- MSD Hubert Stuerzl Memorial Educational Award, Medical Oncology Group of Australia 2012
- Hospira Withers and Peters Prize, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologist 2012
- Varian Prize for Research, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists Combined Scientific Meeting 2010
- CE Eddy Examination Prize , Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists 2008
- Lung Cancer
- Primary and Metastatic Brain Cancers
- Palliative radiation therapy
- Stereotactic brain and body radiation
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologist
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group
- Thoracic Oncology Group of Australia
- Cooperative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology