Special clinical interests in prostate cancer, urological cancers, sarcoma and stereotactic body radiotherapy.
Dr Hayden specialises in the management of urological cancers (including prostate, bladder & kidney cancers) & sarcomas.
Dr Hayden completed her medical degree at UNSW in 2000, and subsequently undertook her radiation oncology training at Westmead Hospital. She then undertook a prostate cancer research fellowship at the British Columbia Cancer Agency in Canda, focusing on the use of radiation therapy and brachytherapy in prostate cancer.
Dr Hayden works specialist radiation oncologist at Westmead & Blacktown Hospital, and is a member of the uro-oncology and sarcoma multidisciplinary teams.
She is the Chair of the Australian & New Zealand Radiation Uro-oncology Group (FROGG), and has been a member of the executive since 2010. She has published several national guidelines for radiotherapy in prostate cancer and has contributed to the Cancer Institute NSW EVIQ prostate cancer radiotherapy guidelines. Dr Hayden is actively involved in teaching, research and clinical trials through TROG and ANZUP.
Dr Hayden is committed to delivering the highest quality treatment and providing compassionate care.
- Prostate cancer
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy
Publications & affiliations
- Radiotherapy for recurrent prostate cancer: 2018 Recommendations of the Australian & New Zealand Radiation Oncology Genito-urinary Group https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30037499
- Radiotherapy for node-positive prostate cancer: 2019 Recommendations of the Australian & New Zealand Radiation Oncology Genito-urinary Group https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31177044
- Australian & New Zealand Faculty of Radiation Oncology Genito-urinary Group: 2010 consensus guidelines for definitive external beam radiotherapy for prostate carcinoma
- Long-term outcomes in 1121 Australian prostate cancer patients treated with definitive radiotherapy.
- Long term patient reported urinary function following external beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer.
Dr Hayden also has clinical interest in:
- Geriatric oncology
- Palliative radiotherapy
- Patient reported outcome measures
- Patient experience research
- Kaye Scott Medal for most outstanding fellowship candidate, RANZCR 2008
- Westmead Hospital Teaching Award, 2018
- Faculty of Radiation Oncology Genito-urinary Group (FROGG)