Dr. Perman has been practicing radiation oncology for more than 20 years. He completed medical school at the Medical University of South Carolina and his residency at the Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia.
During his time in practice, he has had experience with various emerging radiation technologies including intensity-modulated radiation therapy, image-guided radiation therapy, high-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy, RapidArc and CyberKnife®. Dr. Perman has been treating patients with the CyberKnife for over nine years. As a CyberKnife® pioneer, he has co-authored several publications and textbook chapters on the system.
He is also quite active in CyberKnife professional organizations, serving on the Board of Directors of the CyberKnife Coalition and is the co-founder and President of the RPCR, the Multi-Institutional Registry for Prostate Cancer Radiosurgery.
- Medical University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Science, Pharmaceuticals, Charleston, SC
- Medical University of South Carolina, Medical Degree, Charleston, SC
- Albert Einstein Medical Center, Internal Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Albert Einstein Medical Center, Radiation Oncology, Philadelphia, PA
- Patient-reported Quality of Life Following Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy and Conventionally Fractionated External Beam Radiotherapy Compared with Active Surveillance Among Men with Localized Prostate Cancer