The world's top cancer minds treating your breast cancer
Breast cancer is the abnormal and uncontrollable growth of the cells lining the breast lobules or ducts. These cancerous cells have the potential to spread, or metastasize, to lymph nodes near the breast or other distant parts of the body, such as the liver, lungs, bones, or brain.
The two types of breast cancer are non-invasive and invasive.
- Non-invasive breast cancer types include ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS)
- Invasive breast cancer types include infiltrating ductal carcinoma (IDC), iInfiltrating lobular carcinoma (ILC) and Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC)
In general, breast cancer treatment typically includes a combination of therapies, such as breast surgery and radiation therapy. We offer these specialties at our West Florida practices.
Treatments and services we offer in West Florida
- 3D-conformal radiation therapy (3D-CRT)
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI)
- Clinical trials
- Tattoo-free treatments with AlignRT®
- External beam radiation therapy (EBRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT)
- Surface guided radiation therapy (SGRT)
- Nipple and skin-sparing techniques
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
Research studies have shown that:
1 in 8
women will develop cancer
people will be diagnosed with breast cancer in Florida in 2022
in Lee County will be diagnosed each year on average
in Collier county will be diagnosed each year on average