Rodney Ellis, MD is an experienced Radiation Oncology doctor treating all adult malignancies, with national and international recognition for expertise in Genito-Urinary cancer such as prostate, bladder, and renal cancer. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science from Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio, and earned his Medical Doctor Degree from Northeast Ohio Medica University, Rootstown, Ohio. He serves as GenesisCare's National Medical Director, MR Linac, and Director Genito-Urinary Cancer Southwest Florida Region.
Dr. Ellis specializes in brachytherapy and advanced image guidance using stereotactic radiotherapy, particularly for MR Linac, using real-time image guidance and gating to treat malignancies for appropriate conditions in as few as 3 to 5 fractions.
Dr. Ellis is the former Inaugural Chair Department of Radiation Oncology for the Penn State University/Penn State Cancer Institute and the Milton Hershey Medical Center and member of the Penn State Health Cancer Network.
- Medical Director MR Radiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio
- Medical Doctor Degree Northeast Ohio Medica University, Rootstown, Ohio
- Internal Medicine, Akron General Medical Center, Akron Ohio
- Radiation Oncology Residency at The Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio
- Professor in The Department of Radiology at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
- Active Member of the American Board of Radiology Focused Practice Recognition Program in Brachytherapy
- Fellow of the American College of Radiation Oncology (FACRO)
- Former Inaguaral Chair Department of Radiation Oncology Penn State University
- Former Vice-Chair Radiation Oncology Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland
- Ohio Member National Cancer Institute Renal Task Force
- Member NRG RTOG GU-Oncology Steering Committee
- Principle Investigator NRG GU-005 Phase III Randomized Study of Image Guided IMRT vs SBRT in Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer
Dr. Ellis has over 100 peer-reviewed publications regarding his work in Oncology.