To evaluate if treatment with additional cholesterol lowering medication reduces the risk of major cardiovascular events in patients at high cardiovascular risk
To be considered for the study you must meet the following criteria:
- Between 50-80 years (men) or 55-80 years (women) of age
- LDL-Cholesterol ≥ 2.6 mmol/L or non-HDL ≥ 3.4 mmol/L after ≥ 4 weeks of optimised lipid lowering therapy
- Evidence of either significant coronary artery disease, atherosclerotic cerebrovascular disease, peripheral arterial disease or diabetes mellitus
- Have at least one high risk feature of family history of premature coronary artery disease, familial hypercholesterolaemia, current smoker, ≥ 65 years of age or menopause before 40 years of age
Your participation in this study would be for a minimum of 4 years.
You will be seen in the clinic for a Screening and Day 1 visit and then return to the clinic every 4 months for drug dispensation. During these visits, you will also be asked about your health and medications.
You will be reimbursed for travel and study expenses.
- Leabrook (Cardiology) - Adelaide
- Wesley Hospital Auchenflower (Cardiology) - Brisbane
- Joondalup – Shenton House (Cardiology) - Perth
- Friendly Society Private Hospital Bundaberg (Cardiology) - Bundaberg
- Berwick (Cardiology) - Melbourne