Centre for radiotherapy and wellbeing
Fast access to cancer treatment in Chelmsford.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments you need couldn’t be easier.
There’s no waiting list. Your treatment can usually start within 5 days of referral.
We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and we also offer a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Chelmsford we offer:
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
- Tattoo free treatments
- Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
- Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site.
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
- Holistic therapies and Living Well programme
We believe that it’s important to not just treat your cancer but to treat you. We work with Penny Brohn UK, to provide complementary therapies as part of your treatment at no additional cost to you or your insurance company. These include counselling and holistic treatments such as, reflexology and relaxation as well as mindfulness meditation for our patients and their families.
The little big things
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to help you get on with your life throughout your treatment plan.
And that’s why we offer:
- Fast access when you need it
- A carefully scheduled treatment programme
- A choice of consultation times
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly and supportive team
- A wellbeing programme to support you through your treatment
- A private car service for radiotherapy patients if required
We have a whole team of experts – from consultant oncologists, haematologists, and radiologists to specialist nurses, radiographers, wellbeing practitioners and patient support staff. And they’re all here to help you.
Once you’re referred to us, we’ll contact you to arrange an initial planning appointment. We will talk you through what to expect and answer any questions you have.
How to find us
From the A12
Exit onto A130 Colchester Road Follow A130 onto White Hart Lane, then onto Chelmer Valley Road. At the roundabout (signposted Springfield Hospital) turn left onto Lawn Lane. Springfield Hospital is on the right.
From the M11
Exit onto A414 past Ongar. Entering Chelmsford at the Widford double roundabout, turn left and left again following signs to Widford Industrial Estate and Town Centre. On joining Parkway follow signs for Stansted A130/Sudbury A131 onto Chelmer Valley Road. Turn right at roundabout (signposted as Springfield Hospital) onto Lawn Lane. Springfield Hospital is on the right.
The nearest rail station is Chelmsford Railway Station, which is five minutes away by car.