Advanced radiotherapy – We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT)
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost
We provide a full complement of chemotherapy regimes for oncology and haematology.
Treatment is provided in a dedicated personal room with television, internet access, drinks facilities and lunch if required. And there’s a comfortable lounge for your friends and relatives.
Our nursing specialists offer a 24-hour, 7 days a week telephone advice line for patients and their relatives to assess issues and offer appropriate advice, liaising with your consultant as necessary.
Our Specialist Clinics
When you’re worried about your health, you need to find answers fast. We offer a specialist One-Stop Urology clinic should you have a concern.
Holistic therapies and Living Well programme
Working in partnership with Penny Brohn UK, we provide complementary therapies as part of your treatment. These include holistic treatments such as reflexology and relaxation as well as mindfulness meditation for our patients and their families.
Our counselling service is confidential. It can help you feel more in control by making sense of your feelings and managing anxieties about your cancer and its treatment.