Dr. A. Joseph Bilik joined Florida Urology Specialists in September 1997. He is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and received his medical degree from Georgetown University Medical School. At Georgetown, he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and distinguished with the Georgetown Clinical Society Award as the Outstanding Clinician in the class of 1989.
Dr. Bilik completed his general surgical training at Massachusetts General Hospital and did his urological surgical training at Lahey Clinic Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. At Lahey Hitchcock Medical Clinic, he served as Chief Resident of Urology. Dr. Bilik was a Lieutenant Commander in the United States Navy Serving on two carriers as their medical officer, the last being during Operation Desert Storm.
Dr. Bilik is a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, Board Certified by the American Board of Urology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has received the Sarasota Memorial Hospital Hero Award among other awards from our local hospital.
Dr. Bilik is a longstanding member of the community and enjoys an outstanding reputation. He is a dedicated physician and treats a wide variety or urological problems. Dr. Bilik has had a high success rate treating BPH, Female Incontinence, Kidney Stones, Bladder Cancer and Prostate Cancer.
- Florida Urology Specialists - Urologist, Sarasota, FL
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor's of Arts in Pre-Professional Studies, Notre Dame, IN
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Massachusetts General Hospital, General Surgery, Boston, MA
- Lahey-Hitchcock Medical Center, Urology, Burlington, MA
- Geisinger Medical Center, Internal Medicine, Washington DC
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital Hero Award
- Naval Achievement Medal
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Georgetown Clinical Society Award for Outstanding Clinician
- West Virginia University Medical School Outstanding Urologic Student