Dr. Jason Perelman completed his medical school training at Indiana University with Alpha Omega Alpha Honors. He then completed his residency at University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, founding the Urology Interest Group in 2000. In 2005 he became Board Certified in Urology and has been affiliated with the American Association of Clinical Uroologists (AACU) American Urological Association (AUA), American Medical Association (AMA), Broward County Medical Association (BCMA), Bexar County Medical Society (BCMS), and the Endourological Society(ES).
Dr. Perelman has been involved in several research projects and has written manuscripts on the following topics: Urinary Retention and Urethrolysis after TVT, Cost to Diagnose Interstitial Cystitis, Dretler Stone Cone for Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy. Dr. Jason Perelman has also been a proctor for Holmium Laser Prostate Ablation (HoLAP) and Greenlight PVP teaching other Physicians the proper technique. He has been an Associate Professor at NOVA Medical School since 2011. Dr. Perelman was also the first Urologist in the state of Florida to perform and offer Shockwave Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction and is published in 2017 on this topic; you can find that article here.
Dr. Perelman’s areas of special interest are male and female urology including: Oncologic Urology consisting of Kidney, Bladder and Prostate Cancer. As well as other Prostate Diseases, Stone Disease, Erectile Dysfunction, Male and Female Sexual dysfunction, Voiding Dysfunction including Incontinence, Overactive Bladder and Urinary Tract Infections, Shockwave Therapy, Female Urology and Urological Surgery.
- University of Colorado, BS, Psychology, Boulder, CO
- Indiana University - MS in Cellular Physiology/Biophysics, MD, Indianapolis, IN
- University of Texas Health Science Center, Urology, San Antonio, TX
- University of Texas Health Science Center, General Surgery, San Antonio, TX
Expertise And Interests
- • Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)• Bladder Cancer• Kidney Cancer• Testicular Cancer• Prostate Disease• Stone Disease• Erectile Dysfunction• Male and Female Sexual Dysfunction• Incontinence• Voiding Dysfunction• Shockwave Therapy
Awards and honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society