Dr. Friger is a dedicated and highly accomplished Radiation Oncologist with over 25 years of successful experience providing the highest quality care to treat and cure cancer.
Upon graduation from Medical School, Dr. Friger completed an Internship in Pediatrics at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida. She then completed her training in Radiation Oncology at the University of Puerto Rico. After years in private practice, Dr. Friger was accepted at the New York Medical College and completed a Fellowship in Brachytherapy and Radiosurgery at Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center in Bronx, New York with Dr. Basil S. Hilaris. She was the director of the “Centro de Braquiterapia Prostatica” in Puerto Rico and has worked in private practice in Puerto Rico and Miami, Florida. She has been affiliated with UM Medical Center, Jackson South Community Hospital, The Florida Oncology Center, and CB Oncology Partners in Cutler Bay, Florida. Currently, Dr. Friger’s practice is located in Miami Dade county with GenesisCare. She has a passion for clinical excellence and making a positive difference in the lives of her patients.
- C.E.T.E.C. University, Santo Domingo, Domingo Republic, August 1980 ‒ June 1982, Doctor in Medicine
- University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras Campus, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, August 1975 ‒ May 1979, Bachelor of Science, Biology
- Our Lady of Mercy Medical College, New York Medical College, Bronx, NY, July 1996 ‒ June 1997
- University of Puerto Rico Medical Science Campus, San Juan, Puerto Rico, August 1987 ‒ July 1990
- Radiation Oncology Residency
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, June 1986 ‒ June 1987
- Pediatric Internship
- Brachytherapy and Radiosurgery Fellowship