Dr. Paul Wallner is currently the Senior Vice President of GenesisCare, Inc. In that role he is responsible for legislative and regulatory affairs, organizational, vendor, medical school and medical staff relationships, compliance and quality assurance, research and education, and corporate development.
Dr. Paul Wallner joined GenesisCare, Inc. in 2004, and is currently a Senior Vice President. In that role he is responsible for Medicare appeals and projects with the quality control, legal and regulatory affairs departments.
Prior to joining GenesisCare, he served as Chief of the Clinical Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, and prior to that, as Chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology, Cooper Hospital/University Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, and Vice Chairman, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr. Wallner has served on the Board of Chancellors of the American College of Radiology (ACR), the Board of Directors of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) and the Board of Chancellors of the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO). He has served as President of the American Cancer Society, NJ Division, Chairman of the NJ Commission on Cancer Research, and Chairman of the Council on Public Health of the Medical Society of NJ. Prior to joining the NCI, he served as the ASTRO representative to the CPT® Editorial Panel and the AMA/ Specialty Society Relative Value System Update Committee (RUC), and was a founding member of the Medicare Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) Advisory Panel. Since 2007, Dr. Wallner has served as the representative of ACRO to the AMA Physicians Consortium for Performance Improvement (PCPI). In that capacity he has served on the Oncology Measure Development Task Force and Co-Chaired the Nuclear Medicine Quality Measure Development Task Force.
- GenesisCare - Senior Vice President, Chairman of the Research Advisory Committee and Quality Council, Fort Myers, FL
- National Cancer Institute - Chief, Clinical Radiation Oncology Branch, Radiation Research Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, Bethesda, MD
- Cooper Hospital/University Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden - Clinical Professor and Chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology, New Brunswick, NJ
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine - Clinical Professor and Vice Chairman, Department of Radiation Oncology, Philadelphia, PA
- St. Joseph's University, BS, Biology, Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Metropolitan Hospital, Radiology, Philadelphia, PA
- Metropolitan Hospital, Rotating Internship, Philadelphia, PA
- Hahnemann University, Radiation Oncology, Philadelphia, PA
Expertise And Interests
- Dr. Wallner is currently the Senior Vice President of GenesisCare, Inc. In that role he is responsible for legislative and regulatory affairs, organizational, vendor, medical school and medical staff relationships, compliance and quality assuran
- American Association For Cancer Education
- American Association Of Physicians Executives
- American Cancer Society
- American College Of Physicians
- American College Of Radiation Oncology
- American College Of Radiology
- American College Of Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Radium Society
- American Society For Clinical Oncology
- American Society For Therapeutic Radiology And Oncology
- Association Of Freestanding Radiation Oncology Centers
- Camden County Medical Society
- New Jersey Medical Society
- New Jersey Radiological Society
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Society
- Pennsylvania Radiological Society
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group
Awards and honors
- Elected to Fellowship in the American College of Radiology, the American Osteopathic College of Radiology, the American College of Radiation Oncology and the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, awarded the Gold Medal for service to me
- Potential Significant Changes in Nuclear Regulatory Commission Policies Regarding Training and Experience Requirements for the Use of Radiopharmaceuticals.
- The American Board of Radiology Online Longitudinal Assessment Part 3 Maintenance of Certification Instrument: Rationale and Summary of 6-Month Experience.
- Caveat Emptor: Fellowship Training in Radiation Oncology; What, But More Importantly, Why?
- Exam Preparation and Performance Reporting Changes for the American Board of Radiology Radiation Oncology Physics Examination: Results From the ASTRO Workgroup
- Gender Diversity in Radiation Oncology Board Certification
View 3 more
Mantz Constantine, Wallner Paul, Fernandez Eduardo B., Salenius Sharon, 2017, AAPM Spring Clinical MeetingView Presentation