What Personal Information We Collect
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” (“PI”) means any information that, by itself or in combination with other information, identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or can reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual, a device, or a household.
GC USA obtains each of the categories of PI listed above from all of the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you;
- Other sources, including third party sources, including advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social media platforms (information is limited to identifiers, contact details, internet activity, commercial activity, geolocation, and preference or profile information); and
- From our third service providers.
Why We Collect and Use Personal Information
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information;
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To meet our compliance, and regulatory obligations;
- To respond to complaints;
- To promote, market, or improve our products and services;
- To defend or enforce others’ or our own legal rights; or
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Whom We Disclose Personal Information To
- Paper-based service providers (i.e., storage, shredding, courier, printer, etc.); or
- We may also disclose any information, including Personal Information, as we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Your Rights and Choices
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
The following are the rights provided to California residents under the CCPA. These rights apply only to California residents, but GC USA will consider requests from residents of other states.
Right to Access Information
You have the right to request GC USA disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. GC USA, upon receipt of a verifiable request, will provide the requestor the pieces of information that it holds about the individual. If GC USA cannot verify the individual, GC USA will provide the requestor a list of categories of the pieces of information GC USA has collected about the individual.
Right to Delete Information
GC USA, upon receipt of a verifiable request, will delete the information it holds about the individual unless an exception under the CCPA applies.
Right to Opt out of the Sale of Information
An individual may request that GC USA not sell information about the consumer by emailing 21Cprivacy@usa.genesiscare.com or calling us at (866) 679-8944.
NOTE: GC USA does not sell personal information for financial gain as those words are normally understood. However, under the CCPA, the definition of “sale” is very broad. Because GC USA uses some third-party services such as third-party data analytics providers, this information sharing might be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. The CCPA definition of “sale” includes “selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.”
Exercising Privacy Rights
You will not receive discriminatory treatment by GC USA by exercising your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To exercise these CCPA rights, you may email 21Cprivacy@usa.genesiscare.com or call us at (866) 679-8944. For requests of access and deletion, GC USA will use the information you provide in your request to verify your identity and to identify the presence of the requestor in our systems. Information required for a request to access or delete personal information includes: Name, email address, and phone number, so we can follow up with you to verify your identity and process your request.
Consumers may elect to designate an authorized agent to make their request. For more information on authorized agents under the CCPA, please visit the California Attorney General’s website.
We will honor any legal right you may have to access such information but may deny manifestly unfounded or excessive requests. If requests from a consumer are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, a business may either charge a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested, or refuse to act on the request and notify the consumer of the reason for refusing the request. The business shall bear the burden of demonstrating that any verified consumer request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If you have questions about your rights related to your health information, please visit our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Revisions to this Privacy and Security Policy
As state and federal laws change, and as we add new features to our Sites, GC USA may periodically revise this Policy. We will post changes to this policy on our Sites. Your continued use of our Sites following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
Questions, concerns and contact information
For questions about our privacy practices, please contact us