Skin Webinar Series, Part 2: Introduction to skin cancer
According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, skin cancer is the most prevalent cancer type in the US. Roughly 20% of Americans will develop skin cancer before the age of 70. Despite these facts:
- 72% of Americans do not know that non-melanoma skin cancers can metastasize, or spread, and become life-threatening.
- Over half of those living in the US think melanoma is the most common skin cancer.
This is part 2 in a 3-part series that will help empower you with knowledge about skin cancer.
This video will help you:
- Learn about the different types of skin cancer
- Understand the causes of skin cancer
- Know when to see your doctor about concerns
Dr. Lawenda is a Radiation Oncologist practicing at our Kennewick, Washington location. He earned his medical degree from Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine in Philadelphia, followed by a residency in radiation oncology Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School in Boston. Dr. Lawenda has been recognized annually as a “Top Doctor” in the U.S. News & World Report for nearly a decade.
About skin cancer treatment at GenesisCare
Skin cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in the United States. At GenesisCare, we use the latest radiation therapy techniques to treat skin cancer, without the use of surgery or general anesthetic.