Thomas P. Boike, MD, MMM served as the chief resident at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, Texas. He has had academic appointments at the University of Texas Southwestern where he was Assistant Professor and more recently at Wayne State University as Adjunct Assistant Professor. Before joining the MHP Radiation Oncology Institute, Dr. Boike served as Network Medical Director for the Karmanos Cancer Institute across the state of Michigan, overseeing oncology quality. Dr. Boike completed a term on the executive committee for the Michigan Radiation Oncology Quality Consortium. He has helped further national quality efforts by serving on ASTRO’s APEx Committee and as a radiation oncology practice surveyor for APEx. He has also been active in enrollment to clinical trials and is a member of NCI Prostate Cancer Task Force. He has numerous publications focusing on prostate, breast and lung cancer.
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science, Ann Arbor, MI
- Carnegie Mellon University - Heinz College, Masters of Medical Management (MMM), Pittsburgh, PA
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, MD, Detroit, MI
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- William Beaumont Hospital, Internal Medicine, Royal Oak, MI
- The Advisory Board Company, Fellow of The Advisory Board Company (FABC), Washington, DC
Expertise And Interests
- Dr. Boike is interested in Prostate, Breast, and Lung Cancer.
Awards and honors
- > ABS 2010 HDR Brachytherapy Fellowship Award> ASCO 2010 Genitourinary Cancer Symposium Merit Award Recipient> ASCO/AACR 2009 Vail Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research> ASTRO/RTOG June 2009 Meeting Travel Grant> RTOG/ACR 2009 Radiation Oncology
Primary Objective The primary goal of this study is to determine whether, in men with postprostatectomy PSA (prostate specific antigen) recurrences with aggressive disease features, salvage radiotherapy (SRT) with enhanced androgen deprivation therapy (ADT), consisting of enzalutamide (MDV3100) and a GnRH analog, will improve progression-free survival compared to SRT with standard GnRH analog -based ADT.View Study