Dr. Stokes is a GenesisCare Oncologist who has published numerous research articles, primarily in GYN and prostate malignancies. Dr. Stokes was elected to Dothan City Commission for 2 terms and Chairman of Dothan City School Systems for 1 term. For over 24 years, he has served on the Board of Trustees at the University of South Alabama, including as Chairman of the Board. He attended Auburn University on a Naval ROTC scholarship, and following graduation, was an honor graduate of U.S. Army Ranger School, subsequently serving in the Marine Corps in the reconnaissance teams as a platoon and company commander with Vietnam Service. Following his Vietnam tour, he was family liaison assisting with funerals at Arlington National Cemetery. Dr. Stokes is currently married to Angela for over 43 years, having 3 sons. Dr. Stokes remains committed to the community, serving as a physician volunteer at love in action free medical clinic. He has offices in Dothan, Enterprise and Marianna.
- Auburn University, B.S. – Naval ROTC Scholarship, Auburn, AL
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, Mobile, AL
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University, Radiation Oncology, St. Louis, MO
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Internal Medicine, Mobile, AL
- American Cancer Society Research Fellowship, St. Louis, MO
- National Cancer Institute Senior Medical Student Oncology Fellowship, Mobile, AL
- Clinical Scholars Fellowship, University of Alabama-Birmingham, Palliative Care, Birmingham, AL