Head and Neck Surgeon
Head and neck surgery
A highly renowned Yale-trained otolaryngologist and head and neck surgeon, Scott Larson, MD, specializes in the surgical management of benign and malignant tumors of the skin, salivary glands, nose/sinuses, oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, thyroid, and parathyroid glands.
Dr. Larson is trained in Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) for head and neck cancer. He recently performed the first TORS in Southwest Florida using the da Vinci SP system. TORS, typically used to treat early throat cancers, uses a complex robotic system that allows surgeons to access hard-to-reach areas in the back of the throat. This newer technology allows for better visualization and more precision than traditional surgery techniques.
Dr. Larson received his Doctor of Medicine from the Medical College of Wisconsin and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his otolaryngology residency at West Virginia University. He then completed a head and neck surgical oncology and microvascular reconstruction fellowship at the Yale School of Medicine.
At the forefront of minimally invasive head and neck surgery, Dr. Larson’s surgical practice concentrates in nasal and sinus cancer as well as cancers of the mouth, throat, and voice box. He also specializes in thyroid and parathyroid surgery, and surgery to reconstruct complex head and neck defects including microvascular surgery.
Surgeries preformed by Dr. Larson include:
- Excision of Salivary Gland Tumors
- Skin Cancer Excision and Reconstruction
- Surgery of the Larynx, Pharynx, Trachea, and Esophagus
- Surgical procedures to remove cancer in the nose and sinuses
- Neck Surgery
- Oral Cancer Surgery
- Oropharyngectomy, Radical Tonsillectomy, and Base of Tongue Resection
- Surgical Reconstructive Procedures
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS)
- Bachelor of Science Honors, Microbiology, Idaho State University Pocatello, ID (2003)
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI (2009)
- Otolaryngology, West Virginia University Morgantown, WV (2014)
- Head & Neck Surgery/Microvascular Reconstruction, Yale School of Medicine New Haven, CT (2015)
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
Dr. Larson specializes in the surgical management of benign and malignant tumors of the skin, salivary glands, nose/sinuses, oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, thyroid and parathyroid glands.