Dr. Paul Kahn was born in Kingston, Jamaica. He attended high school at Jamaica College, following which he earned a swimming scholarship to Tulane University. He then attended medical school at the University of the West Indies in Jamaica where he made the decision to become a Urologist.
He completed a General Surgery and Urology residency at the University of Miami Jackson Memorial under the renowned chairmanship of Dr. Victor Politano.
Dr. Kahn is Board Certified in Urology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons practicing in Plantation, Florida.
He left the University of Miami in 1983 and opened his private practice, Uro-Surg Associates, offering urological care to the adult and pediatric community of South Florida.
Uro-Surg Associates has become a full service urology practice with its 3 board certified urologists offering urological and surgical care in the following fields.
- Urological Oncology
- Reconstructive Urology
- Kidney Stones
- Male and Female Incontinence
- Male and Female Sexual Health
- Male Infertility
- Pelvic Floor Surgery
- Other Disciplines of General Urology
“We are a group of dedicated urologists and staff committed to providing the best possible care to our patients.” The “old timers” can testify to a long history of personal relationships and professional care from Dr. Kahn since 1983. He greatly enjoys reminiscing with them about their families and about the past.
Dr. Kahn realized in 2006 that the future of Urological Oncology was gearing towards Robotic Surgery. Staying on the cutting edge of technology would require becoming a skilled robotic surgeon. Dr. Kahn took on the challenge and started the Robotic Surgery Program at Westside Regional Medical Center, one of the first private hospitals in the country to offer this. In the ensuing years he has performed thousands of robotic surgeries for patients with prostate and kidney cancers.
Dr. Kahn has been married to his wife , Wendy, for 42 years and together they enjoy time with their two daughters Rebecca and Kristy. Kristy and Wendy are actively involved in managing the practice while Rebecca has been employed in the medical sales industry.
Dr. Kahn is an avid sportsman who enjoys the outdoors. Most weekends are spent in the Florida Keys fishing. He enjoys running and spinning and is proud to proclaim himself an enthusiastic pianist.
- UroSurg Associates - Urology Private Practice, Plantation, FL
- Plantation General Hospital - Urologist, Plantation, FL
- Westside Regional Hospital, Plantation, FL
- Broward General Medical Center - Urologist, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LO
- University of West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica
- University of Miami, Jackson Memorial, Urology, Chief Resident
- University of Miami, Jackson Memorial, General Surgery, Miami, FL
- Ohio State University, da Vinci Robotic Radical Prostatectomy and Robotic Nephrectomy, Columbus, OH
Awards and honors
- University of West Indies Clinical Medal in Surgery, Medicine & Therapeutics