Dr. Ortiz-Alvarado is a board certified urologist in Coral Springs and a subspecialty certification in kidney stone management and endourology. He previously worked at the Cleveland Clinic, Ohio for 5 years, before moving to South Florida and going into private practice.
Dr. Ortiz-Alvarado completed his Urology Residency at the University of Puerto Rico followed by a subspecialty fellowship training in Endourology at the University of Minnesota under the guidance of Dr. Manoj Monga and Dr. Kyle Anderson. He has published multiple articles about kidney stone disease management in world renowned journals and is highly specialized in all treatment options for kidney stone disease including: surgical techniques, conservative management, pharmacotherapy and prevention of kidney stones through dietary intervention.
Dr. Ortiz-Alvarado has expertise in minimally invasive procedures and is well trained in other areas of general urology including elevated PSA, BPH, lower urinary tract symptoms, urinary incontinence, urinary tract infections, vasectomies, and erectile dysfunction.
Dr. Ortiz is fully bilingual in Spanish and English and is an active member of multiple medical associations including the American Urological Association (AUA), the American Medical Association (AMA), and the American Association of Clinical Urologists (AACU).
- University of Puerto Rico, Biology, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, General Surgery, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Urology, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- University of Minnesota, Urologic Surgery Department, Laparoscopy and Endourology, Minneapolis, MN