Dr. Mitchell Weinstein completed his medical school training at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. He then completed his internship in General Surgery at Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Missouri, followed by his residency in as Urology Chief Resident at Botsford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan where he earned the Urology Osteopathic Resident of the Year in 1991.
Dr. Mitchell Weinstein is affiliated with the American Urological Association (AUA), American Osteopathic Association (AOA), and American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS), Broward County Osteopathic Medical Association (BCOMA), Florida Osteopathic Medical Association (FOMA), Florida Urological Society (FUS), and Large Urology Group Practice Association (LUGPA). Dr. Weinstein is an Associate Professor of Urology for NOVA Medical School since 1991 and has been the Urology Section Chief for Memorial Hospital West in Pembroke Pines since 2007.
Dr. Weinstein’s areas of special interest are male and female urology including: Oncologic Urology consisting of Kidney, Bladder and Prostate Cancer. As well as other Prostate Diseases, Stone Disease, Erectile Dysfunction, Voiding Dysfunction including Incontinence, Overactive Bladder and Urinary Tract Infections, Female Urology and Urological Surgery.
- Uro-Medix - Urologist, Pembroke Pines, FL
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons - Government Affairs Committee and Past President of the Urology Section
- Memorial Hospital West - Chief, Department of Urology, Pembroke Pines, FL
- Nova Southeastern University - Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Davie, FL
- Pennsylvania State University, BS, Biochemistry, University Park, PA
- Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, Director of Osteopathic Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- Botsford Hospital, Urology, Chief Resident, Detroit, MI
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, General Surgery, Chicago, IL
Expertise And Interests
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH), Sexual Dysfunction, Incontinence, Urinary Tract Infections, Voiding Dysfunction, Overactive Bladder, Infertility, Prostate Disease, Stone Disease, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Kidney Disease
Awards and honors
- Urology Osteopathic Resident of the Year, Robert Erwin Literary First Place Achievement Award, Chicago Osteopathic Hospital Resident of the Year, Sigma Sigma Phi