Michael I. Ghilezan
English, French, Italian, Romanian
Prostate, Breast, Lung, Colorectal, Head and Neck Malignancies
Michael I. Ghilezan, MD, PhD has a special interest in brachytherapy and has been on the faculty at the Prostate Brachytherapy School of the American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) as well as the educational courses of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO). He has been invited to give more than 90 lectures around the world and has authored and co-authored more than 130 publications and 9 book chapters. Dr. Ghilezan was Principal Investigator on numerous research studies including NIH and RTOG trials. He was a recipient of the Nucletron Award for the best oral presentation at the World Congress of Brachytherapy meeting. Dr. Ghilezan is fluent in English, French, Italian and Romanian.
- GenesisCare - Radiation Oncologist, Pontiac, MI
- Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rose Cancer Institute - Associate Professor, Royal Oak, MI
- Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Director of Brachytherapy Services, Royal Oak, MI
- William Beaumont Hospital - Radiation Oncologist, Royal Oak, MI
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Luliu Hatieganu, PhD Clinical Research and Radiation Physics Program, Cluj-Napoca, Romania/European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Luliu Hatieganu, Doctor of Medicine, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- University of Chicago, Michael Reese Hospital, General Surgery, Chicago, IL
- University of Paris Rene Descartes, Radiation Oncology, Paris, France
- 2004 Nucletron Award at World Congress of Brachytherapy Meeting
- Adaptive Dose Recalculation for Prostate Cancer in the Era of Online IGRT IMRT: How Close Is the Planned Radiation Dose to the Delivered Dose?