Dr. Young practices in all areas of urology with a special interest in robotic surgery, and is trained in the latest urologic advancements & techniques.
Matthew Young, MD is new to the Myrtle Beach area, moving from Kentucky. Dr. Young received his undergraduate degree in Biology and Chemistry from the University of Kentucky, medical degree from University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and completed his residency at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. As our newest board-certified urologist, we are pleased to welcome Dr. Young and his family to the Myrtle Beach community and Atlantic Urology Clinics.
- Atlantic Urology Clinics, Coastal Urology Center – Urologist Conway, SC
- Urology Group of Paducah/Baptist Health Paducah Urology – Urologist Paducah, KY
- University of Kentucky – BS, Biology & Chemistry, Lexington, KY
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine – MD, Cincinnati, OH
- Medical University of South Carolina – Urology, Charleston, SC
- Medical University of South Carolina – General Surgery, Charleston, SC
Expertise And Interests
- Urology, Urologic Surgery, Robotic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Male Voiding Dysfunction, Prosthetics- Penile prosthesis, artificial urinary sphincter, Stone Disease
Awards and honors
- Magna Cum Laude at University of Kentucky, Surgeon of Excellence at a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery, Thomas Alexander Kirkland Jr. Excellence in Care Award 2011-2012, Thomas Alexander Kirkland Jr. Excellence in Care Award 2012-2013, Intern of the Year in the General Surgery Department 2009-2010, Singletary Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2004-2005