As a Urologist, Dr. Lief is highly trained to treat disorders of the male and female urinary tract (bladder, ureter, kidney and urethra) and the male reproductive system. Urology is classified as a surgical subspecialty, but since a wide variety of clinical problems are encountered when treating urological conditions, knowledge of internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, and other specialties is required.
Dr Lief received his undergraduate degree from Syracuse University. He received his medical degree from The University of New York at Downstate Medical Center and the Universidad Del Noreste in Mexico. He performed a Fifth pathway at Lutheran Medical center in Brooklyn, NY. His clinical rotations included, Mt. Sinai Medical Center in NYC, Beth Israel Medical Center in NYC, Brookdale Hospital in Brooklyn as well as North Central Medical Center and Montifiore Medical Center in the Bronx. He did a clinical research fellowship at Beth Israel in Manhattan in the field of urodynamics with Dr. Zafir Kahn. Dr Lief spent three months in England at the esteemed St Thomas Medical Center, where he rotated with the surgery department. Dr. Lief performed his five year internship and residency at the prestigious and renowned Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center. Dr. Lief Has served as Chief of Surgery for many years at local hospitals, as well as chairman of the peer review committee and member of the Governing Board at the surgery center and Medicus Lithotripsy. Dr. Lief has performed thousands of complex surgeries throughout his career and has vast experience in treating a wide range of urologic diseases.
- Syracuse University, Bachelor of Arts, Syracuse, NY
- State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Doctor of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY
- Lutheran Medical Center, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Urology, Brooklyn, NY
- Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center, General Surgery, Chicago, IL
- Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center, Urology, Chicago, IL
- American Medical Association
- Broward County Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Medical Society
- Florida Urology Association
- Southeastern Section Of The America Urological Association