Marilin Nicholson, MD, is a urologist with expertise in general urology. A native of Venezuela, Dr. Nicholson received her medical degree from Universidad Central de Venezuela, graduating with honors in the top 1% of her medical school class. She completed her General Surgery and Urology residency training in Venezuela. Dr. Nicholson completed her General Surgery internship at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, New Jersey.
She completed her Urology residency at the University of South Florida. During her residency she obtained extensive training in all aspects of general urology and experience with robotic and laparoscopy surgery, andrology, prosthetic urology, endourology, reconstructive urology, female urology at Tampa General Hospital and urologic oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center.
Dr. Nicholson is a member of the American Urologic Association. Her clinical interests include numerous fields within adult general urology: robotic surgery and minimally invasive approaches, genitourinary oncology, stone disease, male and female urinary dysfunction including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and stress/urge incontinence, male sexual medicine including erectile dysfunction (ED), low testosterone and Peyronie’s disease.
Dr. Nicholson strongly believes in prioritizing the physician-patient relationship and is passionate about healthcare quality improvement, advocacy and systems reform within her community.
The Nicholson family are fans of the Tampa Bay Lightning Ice Hockey Team and love to spend time on the beach. She and her husband Keith live locally and are parents to twin boys. Dr. Nicholson speaks English and Spanish.
- Urologist - GenesisCare
- Urology Resident - USF Urology Residency Program, Tampa, FL
- MD - Universidad Central de Venezuela. “Luis Razetti” School of Medicine, Caracas, Venezuela
- General Surgery/PGY-1 - General Surgery Residency Program, Rutgers, Newark, NJ
- General Surgery/PGY-1 - General Surgery Residency Progarm, USF, Tampa, FL
- Minimally invasive BPH therapy
- Bladder dysfunction
- Minimally invasive urologic cancer treatment and diagnostics
- ED and Peyronie’s disease
- Male and female incontinence, pelvic floor reconstruction
- Stone disease
- General and office-based urology
- Robotic surgery and minimally invasive approaches
- Genitourinary oncology
- Stone disease
- Male and female urinary dysfunction including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and stress/urge incontinence,
- Male sexual medicine including erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Low testosterone
- Peyronie’s disease