Dr. Louis R. Yogel, a New Jersey native, earned his undergraduate degree at Temple University and his medical degree at the Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico, and College of Medicine and Dentistry in Newark, NJ. He completed his general surgery residency at the Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, NJ, and his urology residency at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine in Albuquerque.
In 1987, he joined Dr. Ronald Fauer in a private Urology practice in Ft. Lauderdale, serving on six hospital medical staffs including Broward General and Holy Cross Hospital. He was one of the first surgeons in Broward County to offer nerve sparing prostate cancer surgery. In 2008, Dr. Yogel was voted into Florida’s Super Doctors. Dr. Yogel is certified by the American Board of Urology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is also a member of the American Urological Association, the American Medical Association, and the Florida Urological Association.
Dr. Yogel has an active career serving the local community as a physician leader. He has not only been a part of many surgical and physician societies but has led most them as past president of the Ft Lauderdale Surgical Society and others. Dr. Yogel recently finished two terms as Chief of Staff of Broward Health Medical Center. Prior to this, he served as, Vice Chief of Staff and Medical Staff Secretary-Treasurer for Broward Health Medical Center. He also spent ten years as chairman of Broward Health’s surgical quality management committee, overseeing surgical quality in our city.
He has been practicing urology for over 30 years. He has seen many changes and advancements in the specialty of Urology and brings vast experience and practicality to the practice.
- Fauer, Yogel & Chenven - Urologist, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Urology Center, LLC - Medical Director, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Broward General Medical Center - Secretary/Treasurer, Medical Council, Sub-Section Chief of Urology, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- NOVA University - Clinical Assistant Professor Department of Surgery, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Temple University - BA, Philadelphia, PA
- Autonomous University of Guadalajara - MD, Guadalajara, Mexico
- University of New Mexico School of Medicine - Urology, Albuquerque, NM
- Monmouth Medical Center - General Surgery, Long Branch, NJ
Expertise And Interests
- Urology, Urologic Oncology, Cryotherapy of Prostate Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Kidney Stones, Laser Stone Surgery, Percutaneous Stone Surgery, Hematuria, Benign prostatic hyperplasia, Greenlight Prostate Surgery