Dr. Lea Blackwell MD, FACS is originally from Panama City, FL. She graduated from the University of Florida and attended medical school at Louisiana State University in Shreveport, Louisiana.
She was a surgery resident at Charity Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana with the LSU Department of Surgery. She completed a Society of Surgical Oncology accredited breast surgery fellowship at Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC. She has been a surgeon in Fort Myers, FL since graduating from her breast surgery fellowship in 2008.
She has served on the Breast Leadership Panel for Lee Health to develop a multidisciplinary breast clinic. The multidisciplinary breast clinic obtained NAPBC accreditation from the American College of Surgeons in 2015.
Dr. Blackwell takes care of over 150 breast cancers each year. She is fortunate to work with Ellen Poage, a nurse practitioner with over 20 years of experience providing excellence in care for lymphedema. Blackwell Breast Surgery is a surgical practice developed to provide skillful, high quality, custom care for individuals needing surgical breast care.
- Blackwell Breast Surgery - Breast Surgical Oncologist, Fort Myers, FL
- University of Florida, Bachelor's of Science in Zoology, Gainesville, FL
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, General Surgery, New Orleans, LA
- Washington Hospital Center, Breast Surgical Oncology, Washington, DC
- Louisiana Committee on Trauma Best Clinical Resident Paper for Trauma