Dr. Winton is one of the founding partners of Uromedix Urology group. He is considered by many as South Florida’s premier specialist in treating Prostate Cancer. His extensive training and knowledge in the field of Prostate Cancer is unsurpassed. He is the innovator and pioneer in bringing brachytherapy (seed therapy) cancer treatment to the Miami, Florida area. Since that time, he continues to offer the latest procedures and treatments available to his patients. In addition to his special interest in cancer, Dr. Winton practices full scope urology treating all types of urological ailments and illnesses such as enlarged prostate, bladder and kidney cancer, urinary incontinence, bladder and kidney stones, urinary voiding disorders, Peyronie’s disease and pelvic floor prolapse. Dr Winton is as dedicated to his patients as they are to him. He maintains a very loyal patient base. His patients and colleagues have great respect for him and hold him in high esteem.
Lawrence Winton M.D. received his undergraduate degree from Queens University in Kingston, Ontario. He then continued on at Queens University to earn his Medical Degree. Dr. Winton completed a Rotating Internship in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at Jefferson Medical College Hospital studying general surgery, pediatrics, and emergency medicine. He continued his education by doing a residency in Pathology with Dr. Harry Goldblatt at Mt Sinai Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. At The University of Miami, in Miami Florida, Dr. Winton completed an Internal Medicine residency. He did his Urology residency training at Montreal General Hospital in Montreal, Canada and then returned again to Miami to Mount Sinai Hospital for a General Surgery residency. Dr. Winton completed his training at The University of Miami where he completed an additional residency in Urology. Dr. Winton has an 18 year affiliation with South Florida Medical Research and continues to do research in prostate cancer, BPH, sexual health and other urology advancements.
- Uro-Medix - Founding Partner, Urologist, Aventura, FL
- Uro-Care - Urologist, Aventura, FL
- Fein & Winton - Urologist, Aventura, FL
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Clinical Instructor of Urology, Miami, FL
- Queens University, Kingston, Ontario
- Queens University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, Kingston, Ontario
- Mt Sinai Hospital, Pathology, Cleveland, OH
- University of Miami School of Medicine, Internal Medicine and Urology, Miami, FL
- Jefferson Medical College Hospital, Rotating Internship, Philadelphia, PA
- Prostate, Bladder and Kidney Cancers
- Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Incontinence
- Bladder and Kidney Stones
- Urinary Voiding Disorders
- Peyronie’s Disease and Pelvic Floor Prolapse