Dr. Casey’s journey to become a surgeon had both a thorough education, and a special interest in the advancement of medical research. His post-secondary education began at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, where he studied Biomedical Engineering. He was a major part of a study on tissue engineering at the RPI Center for Biotechnology. After graduating with honors, Justin decided to leave engineering and instead enter into the medical profession. He attended the Florida State University College of Medicine. He again gravitated toward a challenging research path, studying patterns of treatment failure in life threatening head and neck infections in children. After again graduating with honors, Dr. Casey chose the University of Colorado for his internship and residency due to their focus on research and their breadth of surgical training. During his residency, he received multiple research awards and grants.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, BS, Biology, Minors in Biomedical Engineering, Health Psychology, Troy, NY
- Florida State University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL
- University of Colorado School of Medicine, Otolaryngology, Aurora, CO
- University of Colorado School of Medicine, Otolaryngology/General Surgery, Aurora, CO
Expertise And Interests
- Sinus Surgery and Treatment of Sinus Disease
Awards and honors
- 2014 University of Colorado Resident Research Award - 1st Place, 2009 Capital Medical Society Award, 2009 Leon & Billye Tully College of Medicine Scholarship, 2009 Florida Medical Association Foundation Award, 2008 James H. Fling Medical Scholarship, 2002
In the news
Dr. Casey shares information about a new surgical innovation.
April 7, 2021View Article
Dr. Casey discusses balloon sinuplasty
March 31, 2021View Article