Dr. Jacob Andrade attended medical school at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. During medical school, he served as chair of the local USC Chapter of the Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA). Dr. Andrade also served as vice president of mentorship for the LMSA Western Region including California, Washington, Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico. As part of his medical school training, he also completed a doctorate degree in genetic, molecular, and cellular biology. His primary focus was to study the role of radiation in preparing the bone marrow microenvironment for stem cell transplantation. He was also active in the study of adult hematopoietic stem cells and the ability to regenerate various organ systems. He has published several national and international peer-reviewed journal articles on this subject. His research comparing radiotherapy and chemotherapy regimens for stem cell transplantation was presented at the annual meeting of the American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology. Dr. Andrade is a native Spanish speaker and practices at Coastal Radiation Oncology Group, in collaboration with GenesisCare’s Salinas Radiation Oncology Center located in Salinas, California.
- Radiation Oncologist - Salinas Oncology Radiation Center, Salinas, CA
- University of California, San Diego, BS, Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering, San Diego, CA
- Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, MD, PhD, Genetic, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Los Angeles, CA
- UCSF Fresno, Fresno, CA
- University of Southern California, San Diego, CA
- Gynecologic, prostate, and breast malignancies.