Howard N. Barrow, MD FACS has been practicing Otolaryngology (ENT) in the community since 1992, caring for patients in his offices in Fort Myers, Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres, as well as having maintained active staff privileges at all of the hospital systems, countywide. Dr. Barrow attended Columbia University, majoring in Biology, and graduated Summa Cum Laude.
He went to medical school at Cornell University Medical College, where he ranked amongst the top three students of his graduating class. Otolaryngology residency was completed at Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, after which he chose to relocate to Lee County to practice and raise his family.
He has participated in research and published several papers and wrote chapters in medical texts. Dr. Barrow chose to leave the academic centers in New York in order to apply his training, serving patients within the community in a private practice setting.
He has been with Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialists of Florida, the longest tenured ENT practice in Lee County, since moving to the area in 1992. He evaluates both adult and pediatric patients with a wide variety of disorders of the ear, nose and throat, and treats them both medically and surgically as necessary. This encompasses nasal and sinus problems, ear disease, and throat issues.He also has extensive experience dealing with cancer of the head and neck, having trained with attending surgeons and fellows at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan.
Dr. Barrow continues to maintain his training and experience with up to date, state of the art, treatment modalities of the nose and sinuses. These techniques involve less invasive, in-office treatments that formally would have only been performed in a hospital setting.
Dr. Barrow loves living in Southwest Florida, experiencing and participating in its substantial growth through the years. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, travelling, skiing, and playing golf, tennis, and racquetball.
Dr. Barrow is currently accepting new patients at his two office locations in Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres.
- Cape Coral Associates in Ear, Nose. and Throat - Professional Association, Cape Coral, FL,
- Ear, Nose & Throat Specialist of Florida - Professional Association, Cape Coral, FL
- Columbia College, Bachelor of Arts, Biology, New York, NY
- Cornell University Medical College, Doctor of Medicine, New York, NY
- St. Vincent's Hospital & Medical Center of New York, General Surgery Internship and Residency, New York, NY
- Manhattan Eye, Ear, & Throat Hospital, Otorhinolaryngology Residency, New York, NY
- Phi Beta Kappa (Columbia College, 10/82); Summa Cum Laude (Columbia College, 5/83); Alpha Omega Alpha (Cornell Medical School, 5/87); John Metcalf Polk Award (5/8