Fred Muhletaler is a Fellowship-trained Robotic Urologist and Oncologist. He graduated from Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Lima, Peru. As a medical student he did rotations at the Vattikuti Urology Institute (VUI), Henry Ford Hospital. In 2002 he was probably the first medical student in the world to have second-assisted a Robot-assisted Radical Prostatectomy.
He then moved to Michigan, where he completed his Urology Residency and Fellowship training at the VUI in June 2015. He spent more than 9 years training under Dr. Mani Menon, who is a world renowned pioneer in Robotic Surgery. Dr. Muhletaler has participated in over 1,100 Robotic procedures in Urology of very diverse nature: Oncology, Female Urology, Urologic reconstruction, Urologic Transplant, etc. His scope of interest includes all aspects of Urologic surgery with robotic application. He is the Director of Robotic Urologic Surgery at Palms West Hospital. Dr. Muhletaler sees patients in his Wellington office and has privileges at Palms West Hospital, Wellington Regional Medical Center and JFK Medical Center.
- Colegio Alexander von Humboldt, Bachelor of Science, Biology, Lima, Peru
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano, Doctor of Medicine, Heredia, Peru
- Henry Ford Hospital, Oncologic Urological Robotic Surgery, Detroit, MI
- Henry Ford Hospital, Senior Fellow, Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery, Detroit, MI
- Henry Ford Hospital, Robotic Transplant Fellow, Robotic Renal Transplant, Detroit, MI
- Henry Ford Hospital, General Surgery, Detroit, MI
- Henry Ford Hospital, Urology, Detroit, MI