Frank A. Vicini
MD, FACR, FASTRO, FABS
Treatment of breast and prostate cancer
Dr. Frank A. Vicini has held multiple academic appointments and has been involved in numerous clinical studies involving breast and prostate cancer.
He has designed, developed and completed numerous phase I/II and III NIH/NCI clinical trials to evaluate new and improved techniques to treat patients with Stage I and II breast cancer.
Dr. Vicini has authored over 300 peerreviewed articles and presented his research at national and international meetings. He is a visiting professor in both the United States and Europe, authored multiple chapters in textbooks and is on the editorial board of several oncology journals.
In addition, he is listed as one of the few oncologists in “Best Oncology Doctors in America.” Dr. Vicini was recently named GenesisCare Oncology’s National Principal Investigator.
- GenesisCare - Radiation Oncologist, Royal Oak, MI
- Past position: William Beaumont Hospital - Chief of Oncology, Royal Oak, MI
- Past position: Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine - Professor Radiation Oncology, Royal Oak, MI
- Past position: Oakland University School of Health Sciences - Clinical Professor of Medical Laboratory Science, Rochester, MI
- Michigan State University, BS, Biochemistry and Agronomy, East Lansing, MI
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- William Beaumont Hospital, Radiation Oncology, Chief Resident, Royal Oak, MI
- William Beaumont Hospital, Rotating Program, Royal Oak, MI
- Harvard Medical School Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Breast Cancer Fellowship, Boston, MA
- Best Doctors in America, Strathmore's Who's Who
- Top 318 Cancer Doctors for Women: Good Housekeeping
- America's Top Doctors for Women
- Castle & Connolly Guide: Top Doctors In America
- "Top Doctor" 2013 Award by HOUR Detroit
- Use of a Radiation Tumor Bed Boost After Breast-Conserving Surgery and Whole-Breast Irradiation: Time Trends and Correlates
- Targeted Intraoperative Radiotherapy for Early Breast Cancer
- The ABS brachytherapy schools
- Efficacy, Improved Quality of Life, and Cost- effectiveness of Partial Breast Irradiation: A Triple-Threat Approach
- The Role of Facility Variation on Racial Disparities in Use of Hypofractionated Whole Breast Radiotherapy
Breast Cancer: 3 Weeks of Radiation May Be Just as Effective as 6 Weeks in Early Stages
October 25, 2022
Randomized Phase III Trial of Hypo Fractionated Whole Breast Irradiation with Concurrent Boost vs. Conventional Whole Breast Irradiation
November 9, 2022