Bassan Allan, MD is a Surgical Oncologist and Board Certified General Surgeon who completed his training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Complex General Surgical Oncology. Following surgical residency graduation at the University of Miami, he joined UPMC in Pittsburgh, PA, where he focused on minimally invasive Hepato-Pancrea-to-Biliary Surgery and the treatment of Complex Gastrointestinal Cancers. He has subsequently relocated to Fort Myers where he is proud to join South Florida Surgical Oncology and 21st Century Oncology, now GenesisCare.
Dr. Allan practices Surgical Oncology, caring for patients with cancers affecting the liver, pancreas, bile duct, gastrointestinal tract and skin. He is excited to offer the latest in the treatment of cancer using Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery. He will also provide treatment options for advanced Gastrointestinal and Peritoneal Malignancies using Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemoperfusion (HIPEC).
Dr. Allan takes pride in educating his patients, making sure they have an understanding of their cancer as well as the treatment plan. He feels that your health is best managed with a team approach and keeps close communication with all treating physicians, providing multidisciplinary patient care. Dr. Allan enjoys exploring Fort Myers with his wife and two children during his free time.
- South Florida Surgical Oncology - Surgical Oncologist
- Florida International University, Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, Miami, FL
- Florida International University, Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Miami, FL
- Tufts University, Doctor of Medicine, Boston, MA
- University of Miami (Jackson Memorial Hospital), General Surgery Residency, Miami, FL
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Complex General Surgical Oncology Fellowship, Pittsburgh, PA