Dr. Bassan Allan graduated medical school from Tufts University School of Medicine with a combined MD/MBA degree and finishing at the top of his graduating class.
He then completed an integrated general surgery/clinical research training program at University of Miami receiving multiple regional and national awards and publishing various peer-reviewed articles and book chapters.
Dr. Allan then completed his fellowship in Surgical Oncology at the University of Pittsburgh focusing on the management of complex gastrointestinal and hepato-pancreatico-biliary cancers, the use of regional therapy; including HIPEC and hepatic artery infusion pumps, and robotic surgery. He is also an expert in the management of soft tissue and skin cancers, including: melanoma, sarcoma, Merkel cell carcinoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
Dr. Allan is double board-certified in General Surgery and Complex General Surgical Oncology. He takes pride in educating his patients, making sure they have an understanding of their cancer as well as the treatment plan. He feels that your health is best managed with a team approach and keeps close communication with all treating physicians, providing multidisciplinary patient care.
- Tufts University, Doctor of Medicine, Boston, MA
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Complex General Surgical Oncology Fellowship, Pittsburgh, PA
- University of Miami (Jackson Memorial Hospital), General Surgery Residency, Miami, FL
- Biliary surgery
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder surgery)
- Colectomy (Colon surgery)
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Gastrectomy (Stomach surgery)
- Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Hepatic artery infusion pumps
- Liver surgery
- Liver tumor ablation
- Lymph node biopsy
- Mediport placement/removal
- Melanoma/Skin cancer surgery
- Pancreaticoduodenectomy (Whipple)
- Robotic/Laparoscopic surgery
- Sarcoma surgery
- Small bowel surgery
- Total pancreatectomy