Dr. Blitz graduated from Rider College with a degree in biochemistry, and obtained his Medical Doctorate from the University of South Florida. He completed his training in general surgery and urologic surgery at the University of Chicago.
Dr. Blitz practices all aspects of adult male and female urology. He is an expert Fort Myers urologist in the application of minimally invasive therapies for benign and cancerous urologic disorders, including the use of standard and advanced state of the art laparoscopic techniques.
Dr. Blitz is a regional leader in the field of microsurgery for male infertility with over 97% vasectomy reversal rate, and one of a select few Ft Myers urologists that performs continent urinary diversion (bladder substitution) for bladder cancer.
Dr. Blitz is the Director of transplant urology at Gulf Coast Medical Center. Dr. Blitz is Certified by the American Board of Urology, admitted as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and serves as a Governor of the Lee County Medical society.
- Florida Urology Physicians - Urologist, Fort Myers, FL,
- Gladiolus Surgery Center - Medical Director, Fort Myers, FL
- Largo Medical Center Hospital - Chairman of Surgery, Largo, FL
- Diagnostic Clinic Medical Group - Urologist, Largo, FL
- Rider College, Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry, Lawrenceville, NJ
- University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
- University of Chicago School of Medicine, Urology, Chicago, IL
- University of Chicago School of Medicine - General Surgery, Chicago, IL
- Tampa Bay Magazine "Doctors Chosen by Doctors"; Chicago Urology Society Charles B. Huggins Resident Essay Contest Second Place, University of South Florida College of Medicine First Place Research Symposium, Watson Clinic Foundation Award