Dr. Alejandra del Toro is a board-certified hematologist oncologist with great passion for her specialty. She began her educational journey majoring in chemistry at Boston University in Boston Massachusetts. She then went on to study medicine in Ponce School of Medicine in Ponce, Puerto Rico graduating as a member of the honor society Alpha Omega Alpha. From there, she went on to specialize in Internal Medicine at the Ochsner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans, Louisiana where she also did her fellowships in Medical Oncology and Hematology. She has had community practice experience working in Tamarac, Florida as well as academic experience working as associate professor at Louisiana State University Health Science Center in New Orleans. She dedicates herself to her patients. To provide compassion and understanding as well as exceptional care are her upmost priorities. She speaks both English and Spanish fluently and is conversational in French.
- Associate professor at Louisiana State University Health Science Center in New Orleans
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana; Internal Medicine
- Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, Puerto Rico; Study of Medicine
- Boston University, Boston Massachusetts; BS Chemistry
- Medical Oncology and Hematology Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana