Being Prostate Aware
The first signs of prostate problems can include:
- A weak or slow urinary stream
- A feeling of incomplete bladder emptying
- Difficulty starting urination
- Frequent urination
- Urgency to urinate
- Getting up frequently at night to urinate
- A urinary stream that starts and stops
- Straining to urinate
Appointments that fit around you
We offer flexible consultations, in a relaxed, calm and comfortable environment.
Our multidisciplinary team provide a comprehensive service and cover all aspects of urological conditions.
Led by our expert urology consultants, the one stop clinic offers rapid access to ensure you get a comprehensive assessment for a quick and accurate diagnosis.
Our screening process includes:
- A consultation with a leading Urologist
- Discussion of your PSA blood test results if already done by your GP
- Assessment of your symptoms and review of your voiding diary (this is a daily record of your fluid intake and urinary output)
- A pre – clinic questionnaire to assess your urinary symptoms
- A urine analysis: you will be asked to bring a fresh urine specimen (a container can be provided)
- A rectal examination of the prostate gland and an examination of the abdomen
- A flow rate and residual urinary volume assessment to determine if your urine flow rate is restricted and whether there is effective emptying of the bladder. For this test you will need to come to the appointment with a comfortably full bladder.
We will discuss the results of the assessments with you and provide relevant lifestyle and dietary advice. This is all also provided in a written report that is sent to you and your GP. We will also advise you If further tests are needed.
Imaging and diagnostic procedures
If a CT scan is required, this can be provided at the centre, with results available in 48 hours.
If we need to get a better view of your prostate or your consultant suspects there may be an abnormality in your prostate gland, we may need to do a multi parametric MRI (mpMRI). We can arrange an MRI for you at our Windsor or Oxford centres.
Call us now to book your appointment
It’s okay to call us yourself, but we will require a GP referral which you can bring on the day. We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurance providers but it’s always best to check that you are covered with your insurer prior to the appointment. So, if you have any concerns, or just want a second opinion, contact us today to book your appointment.
At our One Stop Urology Clinic you’ll get a fast diagnosis and, if you need treatment, we’ll work with you to develop a personalised treatment plan.
Paying for your treatment
Your private medical insurance may cover the costs of this clinic so it’s always best to check with them first to understand the extent of cover provided. If you would like to self- pay, we can arrange a competitive quote to help you make your decision.
Mr Christof Kastner
Dr Saeb Parsy
We'd love to hear from you
Search for a centre near you