- Syme Medal from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Mr Johns completed his Doctorate of Medicine in the field of cancer associated with weight loss at the University of Edinburgh. He is widely published in his field, as well as breast disease and other disciplines in surgery. He has been a member of faculty at international conferences and has presented his work globally. He has written contributions for peer reviewed textbooks and is a peer reviewer for a number of journals.
Publications & affiliations
- Johns N, Dixon JM et al
Autologous Breast Reconstruction Using the immediately lipofilled extended latissimus dorsi flap
- Johns N, Dixon JM
Should patients with early breast cancer still be offered the choice of breast conserving surgery or mastectomy?
- Tsang S et al. Current margin practice and effect on re-excision rates following the publication of the SSO-ASTRO consensus and ABS consensus guidelines: a national prospective study of 2858 women undergoing breast-conserving therapy in the UK and Ireland.
Eur J Cancer. 2017
- Johns N, Dixon JM.
Estimation of tumour size by imaging and excision in breast conserving surgery for breast cancer
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Associate Member of the Association of Breast Surgery
- Member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers Edinburgh
- Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Membership of the Academy of Medical Educators