Special clinical interest in PET/CT, SPECT/CT, Radionuclide Target Therapy
Dr Yong Du is a Consultant Physician in Nuclear Medicine & PET/CT. He completed Nuclear Medicine specialist training at the Institute of Nuclear Medicine in UCLH and obtained his PhD degree in radioummunotherapy for lymphoma. Dr Yong Du has extensive experience in both Diagnostic and Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine. He was the first recipient of the UK HEFCE Clinical Senior Lecturership award in the Nuclear Medicine specialty. He has been the Clinical Lead for radionuclide therapy services at the Royal Marsden Hospital, the biggest cancer centre in the UK since February 2011.
He has treated a large number of patients with thyrotoxicosis, thyroid cancer, lymphoma, neuroblastoma, neuroendocrine tumour and prostate cancer. Dr Yong Du was awarded the first clinical ARSAC licence in UK to treat prostate cancer patients with Lu-177-PSMA, in February 2018.
- Consultant Physician in Nuclear Medicine & PET/CT
- Clinical Lead for radionuclide therapy services at the Royal Marsden Hospital
- Institute of Nuclear Medicine in UCLH
- Nuclear Medicine
- Radionuclide Target Therapy
- Dr Yong Du is a Trustee of the British Nuclear Medicine Society and he is a committee member of a number of national and international professional bodies including NCRI CTRad and Radionuclide Target Therapy Committee of BNMS.
- HEFCE Clinical Senior lecturer (Awarded in June 2009)
- He has led a number of national and international research projects and has published first-authored research articles in high impact oncology journals including the Journal of Clinical Oncology, Blood, Cancer Research, EJNMMI, etc.