Special clinical interests include breast, head and neck, prostate, gastrointestinal & gynaecological.
Dr Dreosti graduated with Honours degrees in both Law and Medicine and undertook specialist training in Radiation Oncology at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney and the Royal Adelaide Hospital. He completed Clinical Fellowships in Singapore and Darwin before returning to Sydney as a Staff Specialist at the Liverpool and Macarthur Cancer Centres, a large sub-specialised tertiary cancer department.
Dr Dreosti then moved home to Adelaide where he is now a Senior Radiation Oncologist at Genesis Care. He has been appointed a member of the National Clinical Leadership Team for GenesisCare Oncology Australia with responsibility to oversee that the highest quality of radiotherapy is delivered throughout the network in keeping with national protocols with a focus on standardisation and quality assurance.
He is a frequent presenter at meetings, is involved in clinical trials in breast, head and neck and prostate cancer and is an examiner for the Royal Australasian College of Radiologists for the final examinations in radiation oncology.
- RANZCR Denise Lonergan Educational Service Award
Dr Dreosti is engaged in external clinical trials across different tumour types for eligible patients. Significant internal focus on collection of standardised data to facilitate audit and peer review to drive treatment quality.
Publications and affiliations
- Moderate hypofractionation for prostate cancer: A user’s guide
- Adoption of hypofractionated radiation therapy for early breast cancer in private practice: the GenesisCare experience 2014–2016
- A Comparison study of treatment techniques for the reduction of submandibular gland dose: A retrospective study
- An Australian and New Zealand Practice Survey on Breast Radiotherapy
- Radiotherapy for Parotid Ig-G4 related disease