What causes CVD?
There are a number of factors that lead to cardiovascular disease many of which are lifestyle factors such as weight, smoking and diet. There are many effective treatments for cardiovascular disease and your GenesisCare team can work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Lifestyle choices can make a difference
Prevention is better than cure. You can reduce many of the risks linked to cardiovascular disease by making changes to your lifestyle.
- Eat well – eating a healthy, balanced diet has a positive impact on your weight, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Be more active – regular moderate exercise is beneficial for your health and wellbeing.
- Maintain a healthy weight – reaching a healthy weight and maintaining it decreases your risk of CVD and a host of other health problems.
- Stop smoking – being a non-smoker is one of the best ways you can protect your heart.
- Manage your blood pressure – have regular check-ups to monitor your blood pressure, follow your doctor’s advice and take prescribed medications.